Monday, May 6, 2013

8 weeks

Adelyn's almost 2 months old now. Time is just flying by. She is becoming more and more alert and interactive. She smiles and coos or "little talks" as the kids say. She will reach for some of her toys in her bouncy seat. Last week, on Friday night, she fell asleep by herself on the changing table after being fed/changed and swaddled. I figured I'd have to feed her again to get her to go to sleep for the night, i.e. her normal 5-6 hour stretch, but she slept until 6am the next morning! She hasn't repeated it, but is consistently sleeping 5-6 hours at night. She did put her self to sleep again the following night on a pillow in my lap while I was getting organized to feed her. (Granted all of this sleep is in her swing - she won't do more than an hour or two in her bed and sometimes even less than that...I know at some point we need to work on getting her to sleep in her crib...but for now, I'm enjoying the sleep!) During the day she does eat every 2-3 hours and sometimes closer to 90 minutes in the afternoon/evening. Most of the time she will sleep after eating, but there have been some stretches where she stays awake until her next feeding. She sleeps well in the car generally, but not as well at home for naps - partially because there is almost always a Katelyn in her face after she falls asleep. ;) I know Katelyn means well and just "wants to see her" and love on her, but poor baby can't get a decent nap...I have resorted to locking her in her room in the morning if I can get her to sleep. Adelyn likes her froggy paci, but unfortunately doesn't use it quite as much as Katelyn would like her too - I can often find Katelyn trying to put the paci in Adelyn's mouth, even if she is sound asleep. Weight on 5/7/13: 9 pounds 6 ounces!

No comments:

Post a Comment